justonepercent

A campaign to get people to give 1% of their gross annual salary to charity.

My pledge can be found here: www.pledgebank.com/onepercent

See how much you would give

£
Your monthly giving to charity for this pledge should be: £

17 June 2005

I think I've gone pledge mad...

Hi people

Well - over 80 pledgers now and coverage in the Guardian yesterday:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/online/story/0,,1506918,00.html

How fab is that! I'm starting to feel like I may reach my target!

I've set-up another pledge as well:

http://www.pledgebank.com/pledgecider

I'd love some crazy festival goers at Glastobury to help me sign some people up. Give us a shout if you fancy it....

xx

Cola

5 Comments:

At 5:30 pm, Blogger Gard E Abrahamsen said...

I'm already at the 1% rule myself, started that years ago - so perhaps I shouldn't have signed up, since I'm not a newcomer to the concept. I'm considering increasing to 2%

 
At 2:51 pm, Blogger lori_lee69 said...

Firstly, wow, congrats on the bbc/guardian coverage!

Secondly, as i understand it, this pledge is to take 1% of ur income, and donate it to charity as a part of the pledge. So that would mean apart from whatever else you donate etc, you pledge 'N'pounds in this pledge. AM i right?

Either way, i dont currently donate to charity except one-off change-in-a-tin things, coz i earn so little (about $10,200/yr gross)

But thats less than $9/mth so I can do it and in case you havent noticed, yes, I said dollars. I live in Australia and I'm gonna tell all my friends here about this. How do you feel about your pledge going international? Antipodean, even? lol.

 
At 11:53 pm, Blogger bogan said...

You mean pounds right? I used to earn about 13K pounds in NZ but they pay a lot better here in London and so at 1% I can give a lot more!

 
At 10:10 pm, Blogger scorpio said...

Hi, I'm doing a social studies degree at university and I need to talk to some people who would like to take part in a study into making friends on the internet. I've used this site (make new friends) to contact people but wondered if you knew of any other way I could contact interested people.
Many thanks

 
At 10:10 pm, Blogger scorpio said...

Hi, I'm doing a social studies degree at university and I need to talk to some people who would like to take part in a study into making friends on the internet. I've used this site (make new friends) to contact people but wondered if you knew of any other way I could contact interested people.
Many thanks

 

Post a Comment

<< Home