justonepercent

A campaign to get people to give 1% of their gross annual salary to charity.

My pledge can be found here: www.pledgebank.com/onepercent

See how much you would give

£
Your monthly giving to charity for this pledge should be: £

14 June 2005

Fame at Last!

Wow:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/4091682.stm

I get a mention on the BBC website!! How excited am I. I am about to email all my slightly rubbish friends who haven't signed up yet to show them what they are missing out on!

Am now up to over 40 pledgers and counting. All since the official launch of pledgebank yesterday but it finally feels like I'm getting somewhere.

Hurrah - there was (and will be) much rejoicing.

More later...

ttfn

xxx

3 Comments:

At 2:29 pm, Blogger Kay Ballard said...

Hi. Great idea made even better by your enthusiasm. (You might consider replacing "salary" with "income".) And, congratulations on becoming famous.

 
At 3:28 pm, Blogger PhilH said...

Stumbled upon the BBC article today. Really should be more careful. Thought your pledge was a nice safe one to start with. Keep it up!

 
At 9:51 am, Blogger Flora said...

I think this pledge is so important. I worked out that my pledge is going to give a measley 92 pence a month - so I'm going to round that up to £1 a month. I think I'm going to give to a co existence project for Israelis and Palestinians. perhaps one voice, or neve shalom-wahat al salaam.

who are you giving to nicola?
Flora

 

Post a Comment

<< Home